- Corporate worship is to be God-centered.
- Corporate worship should be intelligible.
- Corporate worship should be seeker-sensible.
- Corporate worship is to be unselfish.
- Corporate worship is to be orderly.
- Corporate worship is to be missional.
And don’t forget the elements of corporate worship,
When God’s people gather, the church leaders are also required to ensure that what the Bible commands be done in worship actually be done. There are certain elements that Scripture prescribes for gathered corporate worship services as the church. Many theologians refer to these as the elements of corporate worship, and they include the following:
- Preaching (2 Timothy 4:2)
- Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Table (Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 11:17–34)
- Prayer (1 Timothy 2:1)
- Reading Scripture (1 Timothy 4:13)
- Financial giving (2 Corinthians 8–9)
- Singing and music (Colossians 3:16)
God in his great wisdom has given clear principles and practices to guide the corporate worship of his people.
HT: The Gospel Coalition