For the next two Sundays I will be preaching on the subject of covenant marriage from Malachi 2:10-16. This Sunday we will ask and answer the question, “Does it matter who I marry?” You can find the outline below.
Covenant Marriage and the Worship of God: Does It Matter Who I Marry?
Main Point: God is intensely concerned about who you marry. It is His will for his people that they remain faithful to Him and to one another by not marrying outside the covenant.
I. God cares who you marry because it is a reflection (v.10)
- It is a reflection of your relationship to Him
- It is a reflection of your relationship to his people
II. God cares who you marry because He cares about your spiritual health (vv. 11-12)
- He wants you to give him undivided service
- He wants you to have a healthy view of His Glory
- He wants you to experience healthy worship
- He wants you to think in view of eternity